The QR code enrollment method sets up and configures Work Managed Device and Corporate Owned Personally Enabled (COPE) modes by scanning a QR code from the setup wizard. This enrollment flow is ideal for an admin staging multiple devices before deploying to users or for the end user who will be enrolling their own device with the QR code provided by an IT admin.
Use the Workspace ONE UEM console to create the QR code before starting enrollment. Alternatively, you can use any online QR Code generator, such as Web Toolkit Online, to create your QR code.
To use the UEM console to create the QR code, see the Enrollment Configuration Wizard in Staging & Provisioning. For more information on the Enrollment Configuration Wizard, see, Generate a QR Code Using the Enrollment Configuration Wizard.
- Power on the device. The setup wizard prompts the user to tap the Welcome screen six times.The taps have to be done in the same place on the screen.
- For Android 8.0+ devices, proceed to step 2 in order to download the QR Code reader.
- For Android 9.0+ devices, the camera will open automatically after you complete the six taps.
- Connect to Wi-Fi and the setup wizard automatically downloads a QR code reader. The QR code reader app automatically starts once complete.
- Scan your QR code. For Android 9.0+ devices, use the QR code option on the camera to scan. You can use any online QR Code generator, such as Web Toolkit Online, to create your unique QR code. For more information, see Configuring Work Managed Device Enrollment.
- The setup wizard automatically downloads the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub which should already be configured with Server URL and Group ID information.
Note: When Server, Group ID, Username, and Password are all included in the configuration, any additional enrollment prompts are skipped by the Hub
- Enter the user credentials.
If enrollment was successful, the My Device page displays on the device. All profiles and applications start to push automatically to the device.
The Workspace ONE UEM console reports the status of Android on the users devices. You can check the Details View page to verify that Android was successfully created.
- Navigate to Security section of the page to view the status. The should be a green check to verify Android activation. and view the