Add rules for the VMware Tunnel to manage how traffic is directed through a third-party proxy. These rules allow you to bypass the proxy or send traffic through it.
- Navigate to .
- Select Configure.
- In the Outbound Proxies section, select Edit and the select Add Outbound Proxy to add a third-party outbound proxy. You may add additional outbound proxies by selecting Add Outbound Proxy again.
Settings Descriptions Host Enter the proxy hostname. Port Enter the port the third-party proxy uses to listen to the VMware Tunnel. Authentication
Select the proxy authentication method used.
Select Basic or NTLM.
User name Enter the User name for proxy authentication. Password Enter the Password for proxy authentication.
- Select Save to save your changes.
- In the Server Traffic Rules section, you can configure the server traffic rule settings.
- Select Edit.
- Select Add Server Traffic Rule to add a new server traffic rule. Enter the following information:
Settings Descriptions Destination
Enter the destination hostname that triggers the traffic rule.
Rules for applications on Windows 10 and macOS (except Safari) devices must use IP address as the hostname.
You cannot use regular expressions except specfic wildcard characters. Windows 10 and macOS devices support using the following wildcards:
If you are entering multiple hostnames, separate them by commas.
For domains you want to resolve on Windows 10 devices through the VMware Tunnel server, you must add the domains to the Windows Desktop VPN profile for VMware Tunnel.
Select the action that the VMware Tunnel applies to server traffic for the destination hostname.
- Bypass – Bypass the proxy and send all traffic directly to the destination hostname.
Proxy – Send server traffic through the outbound proxy.
Selecting Proxy displays the Outbound Proxy menu.
Select the Outbound proxy to handle server traffic for the destination hostname. If you select multiple outbound proxies, the proxies are used in a round-robin format.
The proxies that populate this menu are those proxies added in the Outbound Proxies section.
- (Optional) Select Add Server Traffic Rule if you wish to add any additional server traffic rules.
- Select Apply to save your changes.
- Select Close.