OEMConfig is typically used to configure settings that are not built in to Workspace ONE UEM. Different original equipment manufacturers (OEM) include different settings. The available settings depend on what the OEM includes in their OEMConfig application.
Complete the following steps to configure the OEM settings for an OEMconfig application in the Workspace ONE UEM console.
Before you start configuring OEMConfig on your devices, consider the following caveats:
- OEM settings is a data-driven user interface that uses text boxes and support lookup values for the user or device-specific configurations.
- If any of the OEM settings is left blank, or is not selected, Workspace ONE UEM does not send the key-value pair to the device, and it is excluded from the configuration.
- Clear button clears all the values from the current configuration, including the default values.
- Use the Clear button to set a subset of configurations.
- Use the Clear button on each of the configuration page to clear the configuration settings.
- An OEMConfig app is built by the OEM, and uploaded to Google Play. If it is not on Google Play, contact the OEM for more information.
- You are on Workspace ONE UEM console 1907 or later.
- Get the OEMConfig app from the Managed Google Play Store.
- Navigate to .
- Select Android from the Platform drop-down menu.
- In the pop up, fill out the following text boxes with the supplied information:
Select the Organization Group that you set up to manage applications. Only IT Admins that belong to that Group can edit OEMconfig application configurations.
Search App Store
OEMConfig App. For example, enter Knox Service Plugin if you are trying to configure OEM settings for the Knox Service Plugin.
- Click Approve to add the OEMConfig application as an approved application.
- Edit the App Configurations to enable or disable policies. From the Assignments tab, select Add Assignment.
- In the detailed view page, click Assign.
- Select your OEM Config App and click Edit.
- Edit the Application Configuration to configure the OEM settings for the OEMconfig application.
- In the app configuration screen, configure the OEM settings and modify the policies for your deployment.
- On the Update Assignment pop-up window, click Save and Publish.
- On the Preview Assigned Devices pop-up window, click Publish.