When you enable Make App MDM Managed if User Installed for Win32 applications, the system processes the command to assume management of the Win32 application.
If you enable Make App MDM Managed if User Installed, the management assumption process begins with an install command.
If you disable the option and the user installs the application, the system marks the application as user-installed.
- Workspace ONE UEM sends install commands to all the enrolled devices after publication.
- The device responds and confirms the acceptance of the app installation command.
- The system checks if the Make App MDM Managed if User Installed for the Win32 application is enabled and the administrator is assuming management.
- The system looks for the application on the device. If the application is already installed, the system downloads the installer to the app management cache.
Note: This step is required for management tasks such as app updates and app removal.
- If the application is not installed, the system installs the application as per the configured deployment options.
- The device reports the status of the application as managed to the console.