Workspace ONE UEM uses the Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) profile on Android devices to guarantee a secure connection to internal email, calendars, and contacts using mail clients. For example, the configured EAS email settings for the Work Profile affects any email apps downloaded from the Workspace ONE UEM Catalog with the badged icon and not the user's personal email.
Once each user has an email address and user name you can create an Exchange Active Sync profile.
- Navigate to .
- Configure the General profile settings as appropriate.
- Select the Exchange Active Sync profile and configure the following settings.
Settings Description Mail Client Type Use the drop-down menu to select a mail client that is being pushed to user devices. Host Specify the external URL of the company Active Sync server. Server Type
Select between Exchange and Lotus.
Use SSL Enable to encrypt EAS data. Disable Validation Checks on SSL Certs Enable to allow Secure Socket Layer certifications. S/MIME
Enable to select an S/MIME certificate you associate as a User Certificate on the Credentials payload.
- S/MIME Signing Certificate – Select the certificate to allow provision of S/MIME certificates to the client for message signing.
- S/MIME Encryption Certificate – Select the certificate to allow provision of S/MIME certificates to the client for message encryption.
Domain Use lookup values to use the device-specific value. Username Use lookup values to use the device-specific value. Email Address Use lookup values to use the device-specific value. Password
Leave blank to allow end users to set their own password.
Login Certificate Select the available certificate from the drop-down menu. Default Signature Specify a default email signature to display on new messages. Maximum Attachment Size (MB) Enter the maximum attachment size that user is allowed to send. Allow Contacts And Calendar Sync Enable to allow contacts and calendar to sync with devices.
- Select Save & Publish to assign the profile to associated devices.