While strictly optional, making an organization group (OG) specific to shared devices offers many benefits due to multi-tenancy and inherited device settings.
If you have a large number of shared devices in your fleet and you want to manage them apart from single user devices, you can make a shared device-specific OG. Making a shared device hierarchy in your OG structure is optional. Features like smart groups and user groups mean you do not have to rely strictly on OG hierarchy design to simplify device management.
However, having a shared device OG (or nested OGs) simplifies device management by enabling you to standardize device functionality through profiles, policies, and device inheritance without the processing overhead required by a smart group or a user group.
- Navigate to
.Here, you can see an OG representing your company.
- Ensure the Organization Group Details displayed are accurate, and then use the available settings to make modifications, if necessary. If you make changes, select Save.
- Select Add Child Organization Group.
- Enter the following information for the first OG underneath the top-level OG.
Setting Description Name Enter a name for the child organization group (OG) to be displayed. Use alphanumeric characters only. Do not use odd characters. Group ID
Enter an identifier for the OG for the end users to use during the device login. Group IDs are used during the enrollment of group devices to the appropriate OG.
Ensure that users sharing devices receive the Group ID as it might be required for the device to log in depending on your Shared Device configuration.
If you are not in an on-premises environment, the Group ID identifies your organization group across the entire shared SaaS environment. For this reason, all Group IDs must be uniquely named.
Type Select the preconfigured OG type that reflects the category for the child OG. Country Select the country where the OG is based. Locale Select the language classification for the selected country. Customer Industry This setting is only available when Type is Customer. Select from the list of Customer Industries. Time Zone Select the time zone for the OG's location.
- Build out your corporate hierarchical structure by creating more groups and subgroups in the same manner.
- If you are configuring a Fixed Organization Group, then ensure that you create the single organization group for end users to log in or log out.
- If you configure Prompt Users for Organization Group, then ensure that you have created the multiple OGs for end-user roles for logging in or logging out. For more information, see Configuring Shared Devices.
- Select Save.