For Android 6.0+, the AirWatch Relay app provides a single bump option which configures region, Wi-Fi, provisioning settings, and enrollment settings in the single bump.
- Download the AirWatch Relay app from the Google Play Store to the parent device and launch the app once complete.
- Review the 'For AirWatch Admins' screen and select Next to proceed to the wizard.
This screen will allow you to view or skip to a setup wizard which provides a descriptions of the purpose of the app and a tutorial of the NFC bump.
- Tap Setup on Provision devices in a single bump (Android 6.0+).
- From the parent device, define the following settings:
Setting Description Local Time Enable this field for the device to automatically configure with local time. Time Zone Select the time zone. Locale Select the location your device will be enabled. Wi-Fi Network Specify the Wi-Fi network the device will connect to. Security Type Determine the encryption type for the connection. Wi-Fi Password Enter the Wi-Fi Password. Encrypt Device Disable to skip device encryption as part of Work Managed device provisioning. Disable System Apps When enabled, Workspace ONe Intelligent Hub disables system apps during set up. Server Enter the server URL or hostname. Group ID Enter an identifier for the organization group for the end users to use for device to log in. Username Enter the credentials for the user the child device will be enrolled. Password Enter the credentials for the user the child device will be enrolled.
- Tap Ready from the parent device.
- Perform the NFC bump by touching the parent and child device back to back. The child device should be in factory reset mode which will ensure the device is not being used for personal use.
Prior to performing a factory reset on child devices (if the device isn't new out of the box), disable the lock screen and remove any existing Google account configured on the device. Device Protection is a feature for Android 5.1 and above that requires users to enter the Google account credentials prior to performing a factory reset. If you disable lock screen and remove existing Google account, you will not be prompted for credentials and enrollment will not be hindered.
- Tap Touch to Beam on the parent device with the devices still back to back.
- Tap Encrypt on the child device with the devices still back to back.
This step only applies if Encrypt Device is not enabled. Otherwise, it is automatically accepted.
The child device automatically:
- Connects to the Wi-Fi network defined in the AirWatch Relay app.
- Downloads and silently installs the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub.
- Sets the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub as device administrator.
- Resets the device.
After the child device has reset, the device is provisioned for Work Managed Mode. A welcome screen displays on your child device. To verify this from the child device, navigate to Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub listed as the device administrator. End users will not be able to deactivate this setting.to view
You will also notice on the device homescreen the pre-downloaded apps allowed. Any other applications will need to be approved by the administrator from the Workspace ONE UEM console.
If you have several devices to enroll in your device fleet, then repeat NFC bump one on each child device to provision them in Work Managed Device mode.
If enrollment was successful, the My Device page will display on the child device. All profiles and applications will start to automatically push to the device. You will repeat the enrollment steps for each device needing to be enrolled in your device fleet.
The Workspace ONE UEM console reports the status of Android on the users devices. You can check the Details View page to verify the device enrolled in Work Managed mode successfully.