To utilize the features of Apple Business Manager, make sure you have the following prerequisites in place.
- An Apple Business Manager account – Register for a Apple Business Manager account. If needed, enroll with Apple using the Apple Enrollment Procedure.
- Apple devices – Any macOS, iOS, and tvOS devices that you want to be managed through DEP service, you must have devices associated with Apple Business Manager account.
- Devices purchased from a Third party or reseller must be associated with your Apple Business Manager account.
- Starting iOS 11 and tvOS 11, any iOS and tvOS device can be added to device enrollment program of Apple Business Manager using Apple Configurator.
- When enrolling devices, you must have Internet connectivity.
- When integrating with the Apple Business Manager portal, ensure that the network is set up to communicate with mdmenrollment.apple.com on port 443, as for some on-premise clients.