You can deploy an app catalog so device users can access enterprise applications that you manage in the Workspace ONE UEM console. Your end users can find and access applications based on the app catalog settings you establish in the console. Workspace ONE UEM offers two app catalogs: Workspace ONE and the AirWatch Catalog. Both catalogs support the features in the Apps Settings of the Workspace ONE UEM console.
The Workspace ONE catalog integrates resources from environments that use Workspace ONE UEM andWorkspace ONE UEM. If your deployment does not use Workspace ONE UEM , you still have access to the features previously released for the AirWatch Catalog.
The navigation in the Workspace ONE UEM console, , highlights the Workspace ONE catalog. However, options under the Workspace ONE title are supported for the AirWatch Catalog. The options under the AirWatch Catalog apply specifically to it and are not necessary for the Workspace ONE catalog.
Review brief descriptions of the options available for both Workspace ONE and the AirWatch Catalog and those options that apply specifically to the AirWatch Catalog.
|Application Categories||Group applications and identify their uses with custom application categories.|
|Paid Public Applications||Deploy paid public iOS applications in situations not feasible to use Apple's Volume Purchase Program (VPP).|
|App Restrictions||Restrict iOS devices older than iOS 9 by restricting installations of only assigned applications approved by the organization.|
|External App Repository||Enable an external app repository if you want to host internal applications on your network with an external application repository and manage the applications with Workspace ONE UEM.|
|Application Removal Protection||Configure threshold values to control the dispatch of application removal commands for critical internal applications.|
|Configure a standalone catalog if your environment does not use MDM functionality. The standalone catalog has limited features.|
|Display featured applications in a prominent place in the AirWatch Catalog.|
|Configure general settings for the AirWatch Catalog.|
Transition Behavior from the AirWatch Catalog to Workspace ONE
As Workspace ONE UEM migrates to the Workspace ONE catalog, many AirWatch Catalog behaviors in previous releases change. When you added a Web Clips profile, you can show it in the AirWatch Catalog. The option was editable.
In some Workspace ONE UEM versions, the Show in App Catalog / Container option is not editable. If you use the Workspace ONE catalog, that catalog displays all Web Clips, no matter what is configured for Show in App Catalog / Container. If you use the AirWatch Catalog, saving the Web Clips shows it in the AirWatch Catalog.
Migrate VMware AirWatch Catalog to Workspace ONE Catalog
When AirWatch and Workspace ONE UEM are integrated, the Workspace ONE app catalog acts as the repository of all the resources that you can entitle to users. Users can access enterprise applications that you manage in the Workspace ONE catalog based on the settings you establish for the application. Administrators with the AirWatch administrator role can migrate customers from the legacy VMware AirWatch Catalog to Workspace ONE Catalog.
- Log into the Workspace ONE UEM and configure the integration between Workspace ONE UEM and AirWatch. For more information, see Guide to Deploying VMware Workspace ONE at https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Identity-Manager/index.html.
- Configure the AirWatch Application for Enterprise Key Value Pairs. For more information, search for AirWatch Application Configuration for Enterprise Key Value Pairs at https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Identity-Manager/index.html.
- Configure the Mobile Single Sign-in Authentication for AirWatch-Managed iOS and Android devices. For more information, search for Implementing Mobile single sign-on Authentication for AirWatch-Managed iOS Devices and Implementing Mobile Single Sign-On Authentication for AirWatch-Managed Android Devices at https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Identity-Manager/index.html.
- Manually push Workspace ONE as a managed application. That is, add Workspace ONE as a public application from an App store.
- Disable the AirWatch Catalog in the Groups & Settings menu. For more information on how to disable the authentication of the AirWatch Catalog in the Groups & Settings menu.