Device details functions and printer alerts can be viewed by performing the steps below.
Device Details Functions
The Printers List View of the UEM console allows you to monitor and manage all enrolled Epson printers.
- Navigate to to display the dashboard.
- Select the Friendly Name of the required printer.
- In the Details View page, select More, located on the top left side of the page to see a list of available actions and perform the desired action. The actions that are present is mentioned in the following table:
|Query All||Retrieves all updated device details of a printer and displays it on the UEM console.|
|Soft Reset||Restarts the printer.|
|Factory Reset||Resets the printer to factory settings.|
|Change Organization Group||Changes the currently-assigned organization group of the printer.|
|Delete printer||Deletes the printer from Workspace ONE UEM. Using Epson software as the intermediary, Workspace ONE UEM sends the delete command is sent to the print server, which in turn removes the printer from its database and conveys the status to the UEM console.|
|Test Print||Ensures that the printer is working correctly.|
Epson Printer Alerts
To view alerts, navigate to Alerts view displays every alert and alert status sent from the Epson printer to Workspace ONE UEM as well as the status of the alert.. The
To understand how alerts generated on the printer, manifest themselves on the UEM console, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to .
- Select the Friendly Name of printer you want to test from the list.
- In the Details View page, select Alerts. A list of possible alert types gets displayed with the current status of each alert for that printer.
- Turn on the printer and open the media door on the printer.
- Press the F5 key after 10 secs to refresh the UEM console.
In the Alert Type column, you should now see the Head Open alert with an orange triangle with an exclamation mark in the Status column of that printer.
Close the media door.
Press the F5 key after 10 secs to refresh the console.
After the screen refreshes, you can see the Head Open alert. A blue circle check mark replaces the orange triangle with an exclamation mark. This shows that there is no longer an alert for that function. If this test is successful, you have verified that the printer is able to send alerts to the UEM console.
|Serial No.||Alert Type||Description||Severity|
|1||Power On||Printer is powered on||1|
|2||Power Off||Printer is powered off||1|
|3||Cover Open||Printer cover open||1|
|4||Print Ready||Printer is ready||1|
|5||Less Receipt Paper||Receipt paper is less||1|
|6||Receipt Paper Out||Receipt paper is out||1|
|7||Slip in Printer||Slip in Printer||1|
|9||Auto-Cutter Error||Auto-cutter error present||1|
|10||Fatal Error||Fatal error present||1|
|11||Recovering Error||Recovering error is present||1|
|12||Printer Offline||Printer is offline||1|
|13||Printer Status Unavailable||Status of the printer is unavailable||1|
|14||Undefined Status Reply||Status reply is undefined||1|
Configure Sample Schedule
You can configure sample schedule in the UEM console to permit the printers to perform automated check-ins to Workspace ONE UEM at scheduled intervals. The automated check-ins help Workspace ONE UEM to manage printers effectively by getting the printer status at regular intervals. Sample Schedule is configured at Organization Group level. Increasing the check-in frequency can impact performance. You can test different schedules to understand the check-in frequency that suitable for your environment. This helps you to configure sample schedule without impacting performance.
To configure sample schedule:
- Log in to the UEM console and navigate to Settings > Devices & Users > Printers/Peripherals > Sample Schedule.
- In the Device Details Sample, select the value text box and enter a desired numerical value. You can also select to increase or decrease the entered value.
- Select the type drop-down menu and then select minutes, hours, or days. The option you select applies to the numerical value entered in the value text box. Sample schedule runs at the interval you set.
- Select the Child Permission option as per your requirement and select Save.