Default SDK settings apply across Workspace ONE UEM and wrapped applications, providing a unified user experience on devices. Because the configured SDK settings apply to all Workspace ONE UEM and wrapped applications by default, you can configure the default SDK profile with the entire Workspace ONE UEM and wrapped application suite in mind.
Not all platforms or Workspace ONE UEM applications support all available default SDK profile settings. A configured setting only works on the device when it is supported by the platform and app. This also means that an enabled setting might not work uniformly across a multi-platform deployment or between applications. The SDK Settings matrix covers the available SDK profile settings and the apps and platforms they apply to.
The recommendations provided apply to an app suite that includes:
- Navigate to .
- Configure Security Policies.
Action Description Rec Authentication Type Passcode Prompt end users to authenticate with a user-generate passcode when the app first launches, and after an app session timeout. Enabling or disabling SSO determines the number of app sessions that get established.
If a wipe is performed, that is, user has reached max number of passcode attempts, then the app will no longer flip to Hub. Instead it will kick off the standalone login flow.
– Username and Password Prompt end user to authenticate by re-entering their enrollment credentials when the app first launches, and after an app session timeout. Enabling or disabling SSO determines the number of app sessions that get established. – Disabled Allow end user to open apps without entering credentials. √ SSO Enabled Establish a single app session across all Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE UEM wrapped apps. √ Disabled Establish app sessions on a per app basis. – Offlibe Access Enabled Allow end users to open and use Workspace ONE UEM and wrapped apps when disconnected from Wi-Fi. Offline Workspace ONE UEM apps cannot perform downloads, and end users must return online for a successful download. Configure the Maximum Period Allowed Offline to set limits on offline access. √ Disabled Remove access to Workspace ONE UEM and wrapped apps on offline devices. – Compromised Protection Enabled Override MDM protection. App level Compromised Protection blocks compromised devices from enrolling, and enterprise wipes enrolled devices that report a compromised status. √ Disabled Rely solely on the MDM compliance engine for compromised device protection. – Data Loss Prevention Enabled Access and configure settings intended to reduce data leaks. √ Enable Copy and Paste Into Allows copying and pasting content from external applications into Workspace ONE UEM applications when set to Yes. Enable Copy and Paste Out Allows copying and pasting content from the Workspace ONE UEM applications into external applications when set to Yes.
With Workspace ONE Swift SDK, restrictions are enforced on link generation and copying of logs which were not earlier impacted by clipboard restrictions.
Copy and Paste action is independent of other DLP restrictions and does not adhere to allowlisting of apps.
For example, if allowed, copy and paste action can take place on any external app and is not restricted to only the
Enable Printing Allows an application to print from devices when set to Yes. Enable Camera Allows applications to access the device camera when set to Yes. Enable Composing Email Allows an application to use the native email client to send emails when set to Yes. Enable Data Backup Allows wrapped applications to sync data with a storage service like iCloud when set to Yes. Enable Location Services Allows wrapped applications to receive the latitude and longitude of the device when set to Yes. Enable Bluetooth Allows applications to access Bluetooth functionality on devices when set to Yes. Enable Screenshot Allows applications to access screenshot functionality on devices when set to Yes. Enable Watermark Displays text in a watermark in documents in the VMware Workspace ONE Content when set to Yes. Enter the text to display in the Overlay Text field or use lookup values. You cannot change the design of a watermark from the UEM console. Limit Documents to Open Only in Approved Apps Enter options to control the applications used to open resources on devices. (iOS only) You can use Workspace ONE UEM Configuration values to restrict users from importing files from third-party applications into Workspace ONE Content. For more information, see Configure Import Restriction in Workspace ONE Content section. Allowed Applications List Enter the applications that you allow to open documents. Disabled Allow end user access to all device functions. –
- Navigate to .
- Configure Settings.
Apply specific organizational logo and colors, where applicable settings apply, to the app suite.
– Disabled Maintain the Workspace ONE UEM brand throughout the app suite. √ Logging Enabled Access and configure settings related to collecting logs. √ Logging Level
Choose from a spectrum of recording frequency options:
- Error – Records only errors. An error displays failures in processes such as a failure to look up UIDs or an unsupported URL.
- Warning – Records errors and warnings. A warning displays a possible issue with processes such as bad response codes and invalid token authentications.
- Information – Records a significant amount of data for informational purposes. An information logging level displays general processes as well as warning and error messages.
- Debug – Records all data to help with troubleshooting. This option is not available for all functions.
Send logs over Wi-Fi only Select to prevent the transfer of data while roaming and to limit data charges. Disabled Do not collect any logs. – Analytics Enabled Collect and view useful statistics about apps in the SDK suite. √ Disabled Do not collect useful statistics. – Custom Settings Enabled Apply custom XML code to the app suite. – Disabled Do not apply custom XML code to the app suite. √