You can download the peer-to-peer server from the Peer Distribution page in the Workspace ONE UEM console. and install the server. For installation, you can follow the prompts in the installation wizard.
- Ensure the machine that hosts the peer-to-peer server meets the requirements.
- Navigate to and download the server.
- Open the server installer executable.
- Select a SQL Server Type and configure the Settings.
Choose from the following options:
- To download and use a new instance of SQL Server Express, configure where the wizard installs SQL Server Express.
- To use an existing SQL Database or SQL Express Server, enter the SQL server and login information. Details include the name of the database server, the SQL instance name, the port of connection and the authentication details.
- Select Install. If you downloaded a new instance of SQL Server Express, the server downloads and installs with the peer distribution server. The peer distribution server downloads and installs.
- Copy the Security Key to enter in to the UEM console. Also, enter the name and IP address of the new.Note: If you misplace the original security key during the peer distribution, you can generate a new key by rerunning the peer distribution installer. You can select the option Generate a New VMware Shared Key in the Installations Settings area.
Install SQL Server Express Manually
When installing the peer-to-peer distribution server, some instances need SQL Server Express. If your firewall rules on the peer-to-peer server block the free SQL Server Express download you can install the SQL Server Express manually.
- Download SQL Server Express from http://redirect.adaptiva.cloud/sqlexpress2014 on a machine without firewall restrictions.
- On the server machine, copy and extract the downloaded SQL Server Express setup in
C:\sqltemp\Setup.exe /q /Hideconsole /ACTION=Install /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS /Features=SQLEngine /TCPENABLED=1 /BROWSERSVCSTARTUPTYPE=Automatic /AddCurrentUserAsSQLAdmin /SQLSYSADMINACCOUNTS="NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE" "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" /SQLSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" /SQLSVCSTARTUPTYPE=Automatic /INSTANCENAME=ADAPTIVASQL
- Run the peer-to-peer server installation wizard with the SQL Server Express.The system generates SQL setup logs in %temp%.