Before you can use Workspace ONE Drop Ship Provisioning (Offline) , you must install the Factory Provisioning Service in your environment.
Ensure that the servers the Factory Provisioning Service are installed on can reach and connect to your REST API server. The URL for REST API is set under.
Use TLS to ensure that the traffic between the Factory Provisioning Service server and the Workspace ONE UEM console is secured. To use TLS, you must install a certificate for the Factory Provisioning Service server and enable HTTPS.
- On the server you want to install the Factory Provisioning Service onto, download the Factory Provisioning Service.
If you are using a version of the Workspace ONE UEM console before 1811, download the installer from https://resources.workspaceone.com/view/cqp8nwklnmwnddgpphjv. If you are using version 1811 or later, download the installer from https://resources.workspaceone.com/view/gn7wrl7bbbtwzttgsm3r/en.
- Run the Factory Provisioning Service installer.
- In the Workspace ONE UEM console, navigate to .
- Ensure that the correct URL is entered: https://[FPS URL]/FactoryProvision/Package.
The Factory Provisioning Service is now installed. You can validate the installation by checking the communication between the various components used.
- REST API over HTTPS
- Device Services over HTTPS
- CDN (if configured)
- Network file share access
The Workspace ONE UEM console and the REST API server communicate with the Factory Provisioning Service server over HTTPS.
What to do next
Configure a provisioning package. For more information, see Create a Provisioning Package for Windows 10 Devices