Once the prerequisites have been met, you can run the Workspace ONE UEM database executable. Learn more about how to setup your Workspace ONE UEM database.
Run the Workspace ONE UEM database executable once all prerequisites are met, such as creating the database and the Workspace ONE UEM SQL account, and assigning DB owner roles used for installation.
For the following procedure, if you are planning to use Windows authentication, log in as the account you want to use, or you must shift+right-click when you run the Workspace ONE UEM database executable and select Run as different user. The installer can be run directly on the database server, or on an application server if you have security concerns.
- On either the Workspace ONE UEM console or Database Server, open the DB folder, right-click the Workspace ONE UEM Database executable, and Run as an administrator. If you plan to use Windows authentication for SQL, then run the installer on the application server using this account.
- The DB Installer automatically prompts you to install any essential missing components. When complete, select Next.
- Accept the Workspace ONE UEM EULA, and then select Next.
- Select a location to install the Workspace ONE UEM database files, and then select Next. The best practice is to install wherever the Workspace ONE UEM folder exists on your system. For example, C:\Workspace_ONE_UEM.
The Database Server screen displays.
- Click the Browse button next to the Database server text box and select your Workspace ONE UEM database from the list of options.
Note: If you do not have browsing functionality, enable SQL Browser Service. Otherwise, enter the SQL server hostname.
- If a custom port was used, do not select Browse… Instead, use the following syntax: and then select Browse… to select the database server.
- Select the Server authentication use the Login ID and password below radio button and enter the SQL Admin credentials. Click the Browse button next to the database catalog text box and select the Workspace ONE UEM database catalog.
The Workspace ONE UEM database installation user (the account used to install the database only) has DB owner privileges on:
- Workspace ONE UEM Database
- db_datareader on the msdb database
- If you are integrating SQL AlwaysOn Availability Groups, select the Using SQL AlwaysOn Availability Groups? check box. This creates a SQL Agent job for an AlwaysOn Availability Group. This job checks the status of the server to see if it is currently the primary node or not. If the server is the primary node, it keeps the other jobs enabled, and if not, the job disables them. The new job is named ‘AAG_EnableJobs.’
For more information about SQL AlwaysOn functionality, see Database Server Prerequisites.
- Click Next. A warning pop-up displays to ensure the account accessing the database has sufficient rights. Click OK and Install.
- Click Finish once the database upgrade process has completed.