Admin mode grants privileges that allow users to perform admin tasks from the Workspace ONE Launcher profile on the device without having to exit the launcher. You can also use Admin Mode to enable a feature, troubleshoot a problem, or exit AirWatch app.
This mode is passcode protected, which you can configure in the Preferences section of the app mode. Admin mode is only available for Multi App and Template modes.
Enable Admin Mode
You can use Admin Mode to enable a feature, troubleshoot a problem, or exit the Workspace ONE Launcher app.
- Tap the Admin icon from the Options menu.
- Enter the administrative passcode and tap Submit. You can use Lookup Values in this field.The icon now appears blue indicating it is active. The admin icon appears in the top ribbon, which is your reminder to log out of admin mode before returning the device to users.
- Perform desired tasks such as enabling a feature or exiting Workspace ONE Launcher.
- Disable admin mode by tapping Admin icon in the Options menu to return the device to user mode.
- Tap the plus sign in the Options menu.
- Tap Shortcut.
- Select desired shortcut from the menu.
- Enter other details or settings depending on the selected app by following the prompts displayed.
- View desired shortcuts on the Workspace ONE Launcher home screen.
Enable Notifications on Android Devices
You have to enable the notifications feature before users can view notifications for installed apps. On Android phones, you can only enable notifications when the Workspace ONE Launcher is first deployed to devices.
- Tap Enable Notifications, which opens the device settings menu.
- Select Launcher from the menu.
- Tap the back button to be redirected to the Launcher profile.
Enable Notification on Android Tablets
- Enter admin mode.
- Tap Enable Notifications.
- Enable Launcher from the list.
- Exit admin mode.
Exit Launcher on Device
Exit the Workspace ONE Launcher and access device settings when admin mode is enabled on the device.
- Enter admin mode. If someone is trying to exit the launcher and enters the Administrative Passcode incorrectly, the option disappears after 10 unsuccessful attempts, you can restart the device and the option reappears.
- Tap Exit Launcher.
- Tap OK on the confirmation screen.