Initiate a Workspace ONE Assist session, and depending on the platform, you can view the host device screen, manage the host's files, make changes to the host's registry, and access the Remote Shell.
Note: Windows 10 devices now support unattended mode access. For more information, see Unattended Mode.
- Navigate to Friendly Name of a device capable of being remotely managed.
and select the The Details View for the selected device displays.
- Select the More Actions button, followed by Remote Management.
The Remote Support screen displays and it commences with reviewing device registration, queuing remote management command, and creating the remote management session.
- Select the Launch Session button.
- Select a tool from among the presented options.
A confirmation PIN displays on the screen intended for the end-user of the host device.
- Relay this PIN information to the end-user and ask them to enter the PIN on their device to authorize the session.
Note: On Samsung BYOD devices, only applications in the Work Profile can be viewed and controlled. If you navigate to the Work profile home screen or personal side of a Samsung BYOD device during a Workspace ONE Assist session, it only displays a blank screen.
- If they enter the PIN, they consent to the remote session and the session begins.
- If they refuse to enter the PIN, they do not consent and the session ends.