Peer distribution with Workspace ONE allows you to deploy your Windows apps to enterprise networks. This profile uses the native Windows BranchCache functionality built into the the Windows operating system.
Before you can use the Peer Distribution profile for peer-to-peer distribution, you must meet the peer distribution with Workspace ONE requirements. For more information, see Requirements for Workspace ONE Peer Distribution.
- Navigate to Add Profile. and select
- Select Windows and then select Windows Desktop.
- Select Device Profile.
- Configure the profile General settings.
- Select the Peer Distribution profile and select Configure.
You must have File Storage configured before you can create a Peer Distribution profile. For more information, see Requirements for Workspace ONE Peer Distribution.
- Select the Workspace ONE Peer Distribution Mode you want to use.
Setting Description Distributed Select this option to have your devices download apps from peers in a local subnet. Hosted Select this option to have your devices to download apps from a hosted cache server. Local Select this option to have your devices to download apps from local device caching only. Disabled Select this option to disable peer distribution.
- Configure the Cache settings:
Setting Description Maximum Cache Age (days) Enter the maximum number of days that peer distribution items should remain in the cache before the device purges the items. Percentage of Disk Space Used for BranchCache Enter the amount of local disk space the device should allow peer distribution to use.
- If you set the distribution mode to Hosted, configure the Hosted Cache Servers settings. You must add at least one hosted cache server for devices to download and upload content to and from.
- Select Save & Publish.