Configure a Kiosk profile to turn your Windows Desktop device into multi-app kiosk device. This profile allows you to configure the apps that display in the device start menu.
You can upload your own custom XML to configure the Kiosk profile or create your kiosk as part of the profile. This profile does not support domain accounts or domain groups. The user is a built-in user account created by Windows.
- Supported Apps
- .EXE apps
- MSI and ZIP files require you to add the file path.
- Built-In apps
- Select built-in apps are automatically added to the designer. These apps include:
- Microsoft Edge
- Alarms & Clock
- Sticky Notes
- Calculator and Photos.
- .EXE apps
- Navigate to Add Profile. and select
- Select Windows and then select Windows Desktop.
- Select Device Profile.
- Configure the profile General settings.
You must add an assignment before configuring the Kiosk profile.
- Select the Kiosk profile.
- If you have your custom XML already, select Upload Kiosk XML and complete the settings.
Settings Description Assign Access Configuration XML
Select Upload and add your Assigned Access Configuration XML. You can also paste your XML into the text box.
For more information, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/mdm/assignedaccess-csp.
- If you do not have any custom XML, select Create Your Kiosk and configure the app layout.
This layout is the device Start Menu in a grid. The apps that display on the left are the apps assigned to the assignment group you selected. Some apps have a gear icon with a red dot in the top-right corner. This icon displays for apps that require additional settings when added to the kiosk layout. After you configure the settings, the red dot disappears but the icon remains. You can select the arrow icon to change the size of the apps. For classic desktop apps, you can only select Small or Medium.For applications that require additional support applications, the Kiosk profile supports adding these support applications using the Additional Settings option. For example, the VMware Horizon client requires up to four support applications to run in Kiosk mode. Add these additional support applications when you configure the primary kiosk application by adding the additional Application Executable Paths.
- Drag all the apps you want to add to the start menu to the center. You can create up to four groups for your apps. These groups combine your apps into sections on the start menu.
- Once you have added all the apps and groups you want, select Save.
- On the Kiosk profile screen, select Save & Publish.
The profile does not install onto the device until all apps included in the profile are installed. Once the device receives the profile, the device restarts and runs in Kiosk mode. If you remove the profile from the device, the device disables Kiosk mode, restarts, and removes the Kiosk user.