After assigning and publishing iOS updates to devices, the next step is to monitor their deployment.
To see the status of a deployment, select an iOS update from the Resources > Device Updates > iOS page to view additional information. The Details section shows the details of the iOS update (such as version details, supported devices and so on). The graphs beneath the Details section are for monitoring and taking action on the assigned devices. Those graphs show:
- Device Readiness – Provides information related to the update and the devices enrolled at the organization group and below. This includes devices that are eligible to receive the update, devices that are not eligible to receive the update (e.g. unsupervised, incompatible hardware, etc.), devices that are on higher version, or devices already on the selected version.
- Device Status – Provides information on the status of the iOS Update on the assigned, eligible devices. This includes the devices that downloaded the update, installed the update, or failed with a specified error code.
- Devices – The table shows the status of the iOS update on eligible and non-eligible devices that are triggered from an assignment. The values of this table are:
|Last Seen||The last time the device communicated back to Workspace ONE UEM.|
|Device Name||The friendly name of the device.|
|User||The enrollment user’s first and last name assigned to the device.|
|Status||The most recent status received for this iOS version’s update.|
|Reason||Additional context for the status of an update if it was a failure.|
|Next Retry||An estimate of when the system retries to send the update to the device when a failure occurs. It can be more frequent than the time listed.|
The table is also used to take action on devices for the selected update. The actions include:
- Query – Request latest information for the device related to the iOS update.
- Override – Trigger a Download and/or Install command for the device. It ignores any assignments made for the device previously.