Configuring the AirPlay payload lets you whitelist a specific set of devices to receive broadcast privileges according to device ID. Also, if the display access to your Apple TV is password-protected, you can pre-enter the password to create a successful connection without revealing the PIN to unauthorized parties.
This payload works even if you do not enroll your Apple TVs with Workspace ONE UEM. For more information about tvOS capabilities, see tvOS Management guide.
- Navigate to Resources > Profiles & Baselines > Profiles > Add. Choose Apple iOS from the platform list.
- Configure the profile's General settings.
- Select the AirPlay Mirroring payload tab.
- Configure Passwords settings for iOS 7 devices and Whitelists for iOS 7 + Supervised devices:
Setting Description Device Name Enter the device name for the AirPlay destination. Password Enter the password for AirPlay destination. Select Add to include additional whitelisted devices. Display Name Enter the name of the destination display. The name must match the tvOS device name and is case-sensitive. The device name can be found on the tvOS device settings. (iOS 7 + Supervised) Device ID Enter the device ID (include the MAC address or Ethernet address formatted as XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX) for the destination display. Select Add to include additional whitelisted devices. (iOS 7 + Supervised)
- Now that the AirPlay destination whitelist is established for iOS 7 + Supervised devices, use the Device Control Panel to enable or disable AirPlay manually:
- Navigate to and locate the device intending to AirPlay, and select the device's Friendly Name.
- Select Support and select Start AirPlay from the list of support options.
- Choose the Destination created in the AirPlay profile, enter the Password if necessary and select the Scan Time. Optionally, select Custom from the Destination list to create a custom destination for this particular device.
- Select Save and accept the prompt to enable AirPlay.
- To disable AirPlay manually on the device, return to the device's Control Panel, select Support and select Stop AirPlay.