Devices can also be staged through Apple Business Manager's Device Enrollment Program (DEP). DEP is a streamlined staging method that is best for corporate-owned devices.
DEP on macOS enables you to:
- Apply standard staging to devices.
- Configure Setup Assistant panes to skip during installation.
- Enforce enrollment for all end users.
- Customize and streamline the enrollment process to meet your organization's needs.
- Hold a device in the Awaiting Configuration state when it reaches the Setup Assistant screen.
- Create a local Hidden Admin account and allow end users to skip the Account Creation screen.
For additional Apple information, see the Apple Business Manager Guide or contact your Apple Representative.