Single-User Device Staging on the Workspace ONE UEM Console allows a single administrator to outfit devices for other users on their behalf, which can be useful for IT administrators provisioning a fleet of devices.
Device staging through Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment is not supported. If you must stage a device, whether for single or multiple users, you must enroll the device using Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub instead of Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment.
- Navigate to Edit for the user account for which you want to enable device staging. and select
- In the Add / Edit User page, select the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to the Staging section.
- Select Enable Device Staging.
- Select the staging settings that apply to this staging user.
- Single User Devices stages devices for a single user. This user is the next Network User to log into the device. Toggle the type of single user device staging mode to either Standard or Advanced. Standard staging requires an end user to enter login information after staging, while Advanced means that the staging user can enroll the device on behalf of another user.
- Ensure that Multi User Devices is set to Disabled.
- Enroll the device using one of the two following methods.
- Enroll using the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub by entering a server URL and Group ID.
- Open the device's Internet browser, navigate to the enrollment URL, and enter the proper Group ID.
- Enter your staging user's credentials during enrollment. If necessary, specify that you are staging for Single User Devices. You will only have to do this if multi-user device staging is also enabled for the staging user.
- Complete enrollment for either Advanced or Standard staging.
- If you are performing Advanced staging, you are prompted to enter the user name of the end-user device owner who is going to use the device. Proceed with enrollment by installing the Mobile Device Management (MDM) profile and accepting all prompts and messages.
- If you are performing Standard staging, then when the end user completes the enrollment, they are prompted to enter their own credentials in the login window.