Configuring the AirPlay payload allows you whitelist a specific set of devices to receive broadcast privileges according to a device ID.
Additionally, if the display access to a device is password-protected, you can pre-enter the password to create a successful connection without revealing the PIN to unauthorized parties.
- Navigate to Resources > Profiles & Baselines > Profiles > Add > Add Profile. Select Apple macOS, and then select whether this profile will apply to only the enrollment user on the device (User Profile), or the entire device (Device Profile).
- Configure the profile's General settings.
- Select the AirPlay Mirroring payload tab.
- Select Add under Whitelisted AirPlay Destinations.
- Enter the destinations and device information, including:
Setting Description Destination Name
This is the name of the destination display. The name must match the device name and is case-sensitive. The device name can be found on the device.
Allowed Destination Device ID This is the device ID for the destination display. Device IDs include the BonjourID. Password This is the password that shows on the user's device when attempting to mirror to the destination. This password is only required if a password is required to mirror to the device.
- Click Save & Publish when you are done configuring AirPlay settings.