Configure the Login Window profile to control the look and feel of the login window, including options for logging in, and directory user access to the device.
- Navigate to Resources > Profiles & Baselines > Profiles and select Add. Select Apple macOS, and then select Device Profile, since this profile is only applicable to the entire device.
- Configure the profile's General settings.
- Select the Login Window payload.
- Configure Login Window settings using the tabs, including:
Tab Description Window
- Show additional information in the menu bar, including host name, macOS version, and IP address when the menu bar is selected.
- Enter custom banner message.
- Show local user, mobile accounts, network accounts, device admins and "other" information.
- Show device power options, including Shut Down, Restart and Sleep.
- Show password hint and set amount of retries before hint is shown, if available.
- Enable automatic login, console access, Fast User Switching
- Log out users, enable computer admin to refresh or disable management.
- Set computer name to computer record name, enable external accounts, allow guest user.
- Set screen saver to start and set actual screen saver.
- Allow or deny specific user accounts from accessing device.
- Allow local-only users to log-in; use available workgroup settings and nesting
Combine available work group settings and always show work group dialog during loginNote: This only works with Directory Users, not local users on the device. The device must be bound to the same directory that Workspace ONE UEM is pulling users from.
- Set EnableMCXLoginScripts to TRUE.
- Set MCXScriptTrust to match the binding settings used to connect the client computer to the directory domain.
- Select Save & Publish when you are finished to push the profile to devices.