A network profile allows devices connect to corporate networks, even if they are hidden, encrypted, or password protected.
- Navigate to Resources > Profiles & Baselines > Profiles and select Add. Select Apple macOS, and then select whether the profile applies to only the enrollment user on the device (User Profile), or the entire device (Device Profile).
- Configure the profile's General settings.
- Select the Network payload.
- Choose to configure Wi-Fi or Ethernet settings.
Setting Description Network Interface Select to connect to network payload using Wi-Fi or Ethernet. If Ethernet is selected, you have multiple ethernet interface payload types available for connection from the drop-down list.
Payloads with 'active' in their name apply to Ethernet interfaces that are working at the time of profile installation. If there is no active Ethernet interface working, the First Active Ethernet interface type gets configured with the highest service order priority.Payloads without 'active' in the name apply to Ethernet interfaces according to service order regardless of whether the interface is working or not.
Service Set Identifier Enter the name of the network to which the device connects. Connectivity
Select the type of connectivity.
Hidden – Allows a connection to network that is not open or broadcasting.
Auto-Join – Determines whether the device automatically connects to the network.
Select the method for connection encryption to the wireless network.
Use as login window configuration Allows the user to authenticate to the network at login. This option appears when WiFi and Security Type is Enterprise This option also appears when Ethernet is selected. Protocols
Select protocols for network access.
- This option appears when WiFi and Security Type is any of the Enterprise choices. This option also appears when Ethernet is selected.
Password Enter the password required to join the Wi-Fi network.
- Configure Authentication settings that vary by protocol including but not limited to:
Setting Description Use as Login Window Configuration (For Device Profiles only) Select this if any enterprise protocols were selected for the network. Allow authentication with the target machine's directory credentials. Username Enter the username for the account. User Per-Connection Password Request the password during the connection and send with authentication. Password Enter the password for the connection. Identity Certificate Select the certificate for authentication. TLS Minimum Version
Select the minimum version 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2. If no value is selected, the minimum TLS version defaults to 1.0.Note: Minimum and Maximum TLS versions can be configured only for TLS , TTLS, EAP-Fast, and PEAP protocol types.
TLS Maximum Version Select the maximum TLS version 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2. If no value is selected, the maximum TLS version defaults to 1.2 Inner identity Select the inner identification method. Outer identity Select the external authentication method.
- Enter the name(s) of server certificates.
- Select Allow Trust Exceptions to enable the end user to make trust decisions.
- Configure Proxy settings for either Manual or Auto proxy types.
- Select Save & Publish when you are finished to push the profile to devices.