To complete the enrollment of a tvOS device, you must configure the specific device you are enrolling. You will need an Apple computer to complete this procedure.
- Download and install the latest version of Apple Configurator 2 from the app store. Once installed, ensure any instance of iTunes is closed.
- Open Apple Configurator 2.
- Connect the Apple TV to a power source.
- Look for the status light on the side of the tvOS device. When the status light stops blinking, connect the Apple TV to the Mac computer using a USB cable. A tvOS Assistant wizard window pops up in the Apple Configurator 2 after the device is detected.
- Select Prepare. The Prepare tvOS Devices wizard displays.
- Select the Configuration type. Select Manual enrollment fo non-DEP enrollments. Automated Enrollment is for DEP enrollments only. Select Next.
- Select the MDM server if your server is already configured. Otherwise, configure a new MDM server by pasting the MDM Server URL from the Apple Configurator page in the UEM console. Also give the MDM server a unique name. Select Next.
- Choose to Erase and Install Latest version or choose Don't Install. If you choose Erase and Install Latest version, then you will bypass the setup assistant on the device. Doing this will wipe the OS and install the latest version of tvOS.
If you choose Don't Install, then you will have to manually complete the setup assistant on each tvOS if you have not already done so.
Choosing Erase and Install Latest Version
Configure your Apple TV settings to name the device(s). Add a sequential number to device names by selecting the check box if desired. Choose the language. Choose to send Diagnostic Data to Apple.
- Use the drop-down menu to select an existing Wi-Fi profile to enable Internet connectivity and allow the device to enroll into Workspace ONE UEM. Or, create a new profile by selecting New...
Click Configure and wait for the wizard to prepare the device(s).
Choosing Don't Install
Use the drop-down menu to select an existing Wi-Fi profile to enable Internet connectivity and allow the device to enroll into Workspace ONE UEM. Or, create a new profile, by selecting New...
- Click Configure and wait for the wizard to prepare the device(s).
- Complete the enrollment by disconnecting the Apple TV from the USB cable, unplugging the power cable, reconnecting the power cable, waiting for the status light to stop blinking, and reconnecting the USB cable.
- Wait for the Apple Configurator 2 process to finish and select Close.