The Active Directory with LDAP authentication and VMware Enterprise Systems Connector provides the same functionality as traditional AD & LDAP authentication. This model functions across the cloud for Software as a Service (SaaS) deployments.
- End users authenticate with existing corporate credentials.
- Requires no firewall changes, as communication is initiated from the VMware Enterprise Systems Connector within your network.
- Transmission of credentials is encrypted and secure.
- Offers secure configuration to other infrastructure such as BES, Microsoft ADCS, SCEP, and SMTP servers.
- Can be used for Workspace ONE ™ Direct Enrollment.
- Requires VMware Enterprise Systems Connector to be installed behind the firewall or in a DMZ.
- Requires extra configuration.
SaaS Deployment Model
On-premises Deployment Model
For information about how to integrate your Workspace ONE UEM environment with these infrastructures, see VMware Enterprise Systems Connector Guide, available at https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Identity-Manager/index.html.
For more information, see Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment.