If you want to operate the Advanced Remote Management server across multiple Workspace ONE ™ UEM environments, then take the following steps. This procedure assumes that you have already completed all the steps in Generate the Advanced Remote Management Certificates.
Do not follow this procedure if you want ARM to work with a single Workspace ONE UEM environment.
- Log in to the secondary or other Workspace ONE UEM environment. Do not log in to the same Workspace ONE UEM environment from Step 4 in the task linked above.
- In the UEM console, switch to your primary OG.
- The OG you select must be of a 'customer' type. For more information about organization groups, see Organization Group Type Functions from the VMware Workspace ONE UEM Mobile Device Management Guide.
Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > System > Advanced > Site URLs, scroll down to the External Remote Management section, and copy the string in the Remote Management CN text box. If this text box is blank, then you must manually Create the Common Name from the Workspace ONE UEM Database.
Switch back to the ARM server. Run the Remote Management Certificate Generator, which includes the Remote Management Installer, using the following values.
Setting Value Certificate Type Remote Management Deployment Upload Intermediate Certificate Common Name
Paste the Remote Management CN from Step 3 preceding.
- Select Generate Certificates button.
- When prompted, you must select the intermediate private cert. This certificate and password is the same one you originally generated in Step 8 of Generate the Advanced Remote Management Certificates. This certificate is located in c:\temp\certs of the ARM server.
- In the ARM server, locate the 'artifacts' folder and run the SQL script file "Certificate Seed Script.sql" against the Workspace ONE UEM Database to seed the generated certificates into the Workspace ONE UEM database.
Repeat this entire step for each additional Workspace ONE UEM environment you want ARM to work with.
For example, if you want to add two additional Workspace ONE UEM environments to the first environment you configured originally, then you must follow the steps of this task twice.
- Once you have completed installing the client certificate for each Workspace ONE UEM environment, proceed to Configure the Workspace ONE UEM console.