You can add a new version of an already uploaded application. This action enables you to push the newest version of an application to end users using the existing products you have already created.
To add a new version of an app to a product, follow the steps detailed below.
- Navigate to Devices > Staging & Provisioning > Components > Applications and select More.
- Select the Add Version option from the drop-down menu.
- Upload the new version of the application as described in Upload an Application.
- Select Save.
- Navigate to Devices > Staging & Provisioning > Product List View and find the product that contains the app you want to update. If necessary, use the filters to narrow your search.
- Select the radio button to the left of the product name. This radio button selection displays some action buttons at the top of the List View.
- Select the Edit action button. The Edit product screen displays.
- In the Manifest tab, find the Install Application Action Type that contains the app you want to update and select the small blue pencil icon to the right of the Description column. The Edit Manifest screen displays.
- In the Application text box, delete the app name. This action causes the drop-down menu to appear which now displays all versions of all applications in your entire Applications library.
- Select the new version of the app that you uploaded in step 3 above.
- Select the Save button. The Edit product screen now shows the Manifest that includes the new version of the app.
- Select the Activate button. This action pushes the new version of the app to the devices provisioned with this product.