Remote Management allows you to control a device directly to troubleshoot it, or to ensure that a device is properly provisioned. Configure the remote management settings for the macOS AirWatch Agent.
- Java installed on the admin computer to run the remote management applet
To configure Remote Management.
- Navigate to Devices > Device Settings > QNX > Agent Settings.
- Under the Remote Management section, complete the following settings related to the use of Remote Management.
Setting Description Download Remote Control Cab Select this link to download the cabinet (CAB) installer file for Workspace ONE UEM Remote Management. Seek Permission
Enable Seek Permission if you want to prompt the end user to accept or decline the remote management request from the admin.
- Enter a Seek Permission Message that the end user sees when a remote request is sent.
- Enter the Yes Caption message for the accept button the end user sees on the Seek Permission request.
- Enter the No Caption message for the decline button the end user sees on the Seek Permission request.
Advanced Remote Management Port
Enter the port used to communicate between the Remote Management Agent and the Tunnel Agent on the end-user device.
This port is responsible for caching the different frames on the device for use with the screen sharing function. The default port is 7775. Consider leaving the default setting unless port 7775 is in use for other uses in your organization.
Device Log Level Set the Device Log Level to control the verbosity of the remote management application on the device. Log Folder Path Define the Log Folder Path where the application saves the remote management log file on the device. Display Tray Icon Enable Display Tray Icon to show the remote management applet on the device. Max Sessions Enter the maximum number of concurrent sessions allowed on a device. Number of Retries Enter the number of retries allowed before communication attempts stop. Retry Frequency (Seconds) Enter the amount of time between attempts to communicate. Heartbeat Interval (Seconds) Enter the amount of time (in seconds) that passes between status updates that are sent from the device. Connection Loss Retry Frequency (Seconds) Enter the amount of time (in seconds) that passes between attempts to reestablish the connection.
- Select Save.