The Platform OEM (POEM) Service is an additional app that allows the Workspace ONE UEM console to provide extended management capabilities to Android
After you enroll, the Workspace ONE UEM console automatically detects if the device can take advantage of additional device capabilities, and deploys an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specific service application to your Android. The OEM Service app is a plug-in app that is only installed and used in combination with AirWatch Agent enrollment. It allows for additional MDM capabilities that only pertain to a specific OEM device. All of these APKs are available through AirWatch Resources by request. There are a few service apps that we publish to the Google Play Store (see list below).
Here is a sample of supported features and available OEMs for the Platform OEM Service.
POEM Service Features
- Silent App installation, uninstallation, and updates
- Silent Device Administrator Activation on launch
- Date/Time configuration (date format, time format, time zone, server time, SNTP, HTTP URL, or Auto)
- Toggle Bluetooth on/off with the Disable Bluetooth restriction
- Disable installation from unknown sources on 5.0 Lollipop and above
- Device Reboot
POEM Service Versions
- Zebra CC5000
POEM Service Version Available on the Google Play Store