Devices can also be staged through Apple's Device Enrollment Program (DEP). Apple DEP is a streamlined staging method that is best for corporate-owned devices.
DEP on macOS enables you to:
- Apply standard staging to devices.
- Configure Setup Assistant panes to skip during installation.
- Enforce enrollment for all end users.
- Customize and streamline the enrollment process to meet your organization's needs.
- Hold a device in the Awaiting Configuration state when it reaches the Setup Assistant screen.
- Create a local Hidden Admin account and allow end users to skip the Account Creation screen.
For more information, see Apple Device Enrollment Program.
For additional Apple information, see the Apple Deployment Programs' Device Enrollment Program Guide or contact your Apple Representative.