If you have many directory users to add to Workspace ONE UEM, you can save time by initiating a batch import process.
Navigate to Accounts > Users > Batch Status or Devices > Lifecycle > Enrollment Status > Add and select Batch Import.
- Enter the basic information including a Batch Name and Batch Description in the Workspace ONE UEM console.
- Select the applicable batch type from the Batch Type drop-down menu.
Select and download the template that best matches the kind of batch import you are making.
Blacklisted Devices – Import a list of known, non-compliant devices by IMEI, Serial Number, or UDID. Blacklisted devices are not allowed to enroll. If a blacklisted device attempts to enroll, it is automatically blocked.
Whitelisted Devices – Import pre-approved devices by IMEI, Serial Number, or UDID. Use this template to import a list of known, trusted devices. The ownership and group ID associated to this device is automatically applied during enrollment.
User and/or Device – Select between a Simple and an Advanced CSV template. The simple template features only the most often-used options while the advanced template features the full, unabridged compliment of import options.
Change Organization Group – Move users to a different organization group.
Open the CSV file. The CSV file features several columns corresponding to the options on the Add / Edit User page. When you open the CSV template, notice that sample data has been added to each column in the template. The sample data is presented to inform you what kind of data is required and what format it must be in.Note:
A CSV file (comma-separated values) is simply a text file whose extension has been changed from "TXT" to "CSV". It stores tabular data (text and numbers) in plain text. Each line of the file is a data record. Each record consists of one or more fields, separated by commas. It can be opened with any text editor. It can also be opened with Microsoft Excel.
You can confirm whether or not users are part of the enrollment organization group (OG).
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > General > Enrollment and select the Grouping tab.
- If the Group ID Assignment Mode is set to Default, then your users are part of the enrollment OG.
- For a directory-based enrollment, the Security Type for each user must be Directory.
- Enter data for your organization's users, including device information (if applicable) and save the file.
- Return to the Batch Import page and select Choose File to locate and upload the CSV file that you had previously downloaded and filled out.
- Select Save.
The user account and device details, if included, are added to the UEM console. From here, you can send your users an enrollment message. This enrollment message prompts them to initiate enrollment or supplies registration tokens for simplified single-click or dual-factor enrollment.
For more information about these options,