To retrieve the data on the sToken, Workspace ONE UEM syncs with Apple Web services, and then it can display content for assignment and deployment. Workspace ONE UEM distributes licenses by smart group and publishes content when you save an assignment rules in the flexible deployment feature.
For information on flexible deployment and how to prioritize assignment rules, see Flexible Deployment for Applications Setting Descriptions.
Assign Content to Smart Groups and Publish with Flexible Deployment
Assign content acquired from Apple's Volume Purchase Program (VPP) with managed distribution codes to smart groups.
- Navigate to Apps & Books > Books > List View > Purchased
Select the book to hold licenses and apply an SDK profile, which is optional.
Setting Description Licenses on hold Enter the number of licenses that you want to place on hold. Use this setting to save the managed distribution codes for later use. You do not have to enter a value. SDK Profile If you use AirWatch SDK functionality, assign an SDK profile to the application. Assignment Type Books always push to devices On Demand.
- Select Save & Assign to move to the flexible deployment section. You add assignment rules that you can prioritize.
On the Assignments tab, select Add Assignment and complete the options.
Setting Description Add Assignment By
Hover over the setting and select License Codes By Smart Group to assign managed distribution codes.
Allocate codes to a smart group by typing the name of the group. Options display, and you can select the appropriate smart group from the list. If necessary, you can create a new smart group.
- Users or Devices – View the number of users for the order.
- Allocated – Enter the number of licenses to allocate to the selected users. Do no exceed the total number in the order.
- Redeemed – View the number of licenses that have already been redeemed, if any.
Books always push to devices On Demand.
- Select Save.
If you have more than one assignment rule, use the Move Up and Move Down options to order assignments. Place critical assignments at the top of the list. This configuration displays as the Priority.
Select Save & Publish.