When deploying the Content Gateway using the relay-endpoint model, you must install two instances of the Content Gateway on separate servers. One of the servers on which one instance must be installed is the relay server.
- Create a dedicated install directory for the Content Gateway installer on the server (For example, /tmp/ContentInstall/).
Copy the .bin file to the dedicated install directory using a file transfer software.
Examples of file transfer software include FileZilla or WinSCP.
On the Linux box, navigate to the folder you copied the file to.
- Locate the ContentGateway.bin file, and make it an executable file:
sudo chmod +x ContentGateway.bin
- Begin installation:
$ sudo ./ContentGateway.bin
- Press Enter until you receive a prompt to accept the licensing agreement. Press Y to accept.
- Select the Installation Type.
- If you want to retrieve the Gateway instance configuration from an API server, select Provide API Server Information.
- If you have downloaded the Gateway instance configuration as XML file from UEM console, select Import Config.xml file.
- If you select Provide API Server Information:
- Enter API URL and press Y to accept.
- Enter ContentGateway GUID and press Y to accept.
- Enter and confirm the password for Content Gateway.
- If you select Import Config.xml file:
- Enter the config.xml file path and press Enter.
- Review the Product Name and Program Features and press Enter.
- Enter Content Gateway Certificate Password.
- Enter Relay as the configuration type for Content Gateway Setup.
- Verify the firewall ports match your server. Enter Y to grant the installer firewall permissions needed.
Review the summary information and verify its accuracy.
Press Enter to begin the installation.
Any errors during installation are displayed as error messages with details. The errors are recorded in the installation log file, which saves in the same directory in which you installed the Content Gateway. For information about troubleshooting the errors, see Content Gateway Troubleshooting.
- Close the installer and verify connectivity to AirWatch. For information about testing the Content Gateway's connectivity, see Verify Content Gateway Connectivity.