Deploy public applications to devices with Workspace ONE or the AirWatch Catalog.
When you upload a public application, for some platforms you have the option enable managed access. For information about managed access and open access, see Workspace ONE UEM Applications and the Workspace ONE Managed Access Feature.
- Navigate to Apps & Books > Applications > Native > Public and select Add Application.
- View the organization group from which the application uploads in Managed By.
- Select the Platform.
- Find the application in an app store by entering a search keyword in the Name text box.
Select from where the system gets the application, either Search App Store or Enter URL.
Setting Description Search App Store
- iOS – Searches for the application in the app store.
- Windows Desktop and Phone – Searches for the application. If you acquire applications this way and not with the Microsoft Store for Business. The system does not manage them.
Android – If you have configured integration with the Google Play Store, the system searches for the application in the app store.
This configuration also works when integrating with the Android for Work system. See the Workspace ONE UEM Integration with Android for Work guide.
Add Google Play URL – This option only displays for Android applications, and the system displays it because Google Play Stores are localized. The stores offer applications based on regions.
This option enables you to deploy applications that are in a different region from your Workspace ONE UEM server.
Enter URL Adds the application using a URL for the application. If you add applications with this method, the system does not manage them.
- Select Next and Select the desired application from the app store result page.
Configure options on the Details tab.
Setting Description Name View the name of the application. View in App Store View the store record for the application where you can download it and get information about it. Categories
Use categories to identify the use of the application.
You can configure custom application categories or keep the application's pre-coded category.
Supported Models Select all the device models that you want to run this application.
Is App Restricted to Silent Install
Assign this application to those Android devices that support the Android silent uninstallation feature.
Workspace ONE UEM cannot silently install or uninstall public applications. However, you can control what applications you push to your Android standard devices or your Android enterprise devices. Android enterprise devices support silent activity.
View the size of the application for storage. Managed By View the organization group (OG) that the application belongs to in your Workspace ONE UEM OG hierarchy. Rating View the number of stars that represents the popularity of the application in the Workspace ONE UEM console and in the AirWatch Catalog. Comments Enter comments that explain the purpose and use of the application for the organization.
Indicates the URL scheme for supported applications. The application is packaged with the scheme, so the system parses the scheme and displays the value in this text box.
A default scheme offers many integration features for your applications.
- Use the scheme to integrate with other platforms and Web applications.
- Use the scheme to receive messages from other applications and to initiate specific requests.
- Use the scheme to run the Apple iOS applications in the AirWatch Container.
- Select the SDK tab and assign the default or custom SDK Profile and an Application Profile to the application. SDK profiles apply advanced application management features to applications.
- Select Save & Assign to configure flexible deployment options for the application.
Application configurations are vendor-specific key-value pairs you can deploy with an application to preconfigure the application for users. For resources about application configurations, see Application Configuration Information.
For more topics about public applications, see Public Applications Overview.
For information on the AirWatch SDK, see Developer Documentation.
For an explanation of the available SDK features, see MAM Features With SDK Functions.
Assign the Application
To assign and deploy public applications, configure the flexible deployment options explained in Add Assignments to Applications.