The Advanced Remote Management (ARM) installer requires configuring the settings before starting installation. This process entails the creation of a config file that the installer requires. You can use this config file to install multiple servers.
- Start the Advanced Remote Management installer from the c:\temp folder on the RM server.
- Select Next.
- Select Configure to configure the server settings before installation.
Enter the Database Credentials.
Setting Description Database Server Name
- For a single-server solution, enter the server hostname, IP address, or loopback address.
- For a multi-node solution, enter the database server instance name or the database server instance IP address.
DB Owner user name Enter the user name of the internal ARM Database user that the installation creates in the database. DB Application user name Enter the user name of the internal ARM Database user that the installation automatically creates in the database.
- (Optional) Select the Advanced button to configure the Port, LDF, MDF, and NDF paths for the database. Ensure that your Windows account has full access to these folders.
- Select Next.
Configure the Portal Information settings.
Setting Description Webserver IP Address Enter the IP address for the webserver. Port
Enter the port. The default is 80.
Select check to validate the port.
- If the port is used by a web service, the installer displays Port in use in red.
- If the port is not use by any web service, the installer displays Valid! in green.
If your IIS Default Website is bound to port 80, then you must either delete the Default Website or use a different port. The suggested replacement is port 8080.
Enable HTTPS Binding . This setting is required. The port defaults to 443. Enrollment Certificate Enrollment Certificate
Select the ... Button to browse for the EnrollmentCertificate.pfx file, which can be found in the installer package in the c:\temp folder.
When you select the certificate, the installer asks for the certificate password which is also included in the installer package in the Password.txt file.Note:
The enrollment certificate is an SSL certificate that enables remote management devices to enroll or register with the ARM server. The enrollment certificate also secures the connection to the server.
Configure the Application Service Information settings.
Setting Description Enable T10 Service . Select to enable the T10 service. T10 Certificate
Select the ... button, navigate to the c:\temp\certs folder, and select root_intermediate_chain.p7b.
Auto generate a user in Local Users and Groups .
Enable this option to generate a T10 user.
If you manually generate a T10 user, you must enter the user name in the provided text box.
- Select Finish.
After selecting Finish, the installer creates the install.config file. This file contains all the configuration settings for the ARM installer. When installing on multiple ARM servers, you must follow this task only once, then export the resulting config file to the other servers.
Next, proceed to Install the Advanced Remote Management Server Components.