Integrating with an existing directory service enables you to pull in users automatically. It eliminates the need of having to add users manually to the Workspace ONE ™ UEM console. For more information, see Basic vs. Directory Services Enrollment.
Every directory user you want to manage through Workspace ONE UEM must have a corresponding user account in the UEM console.
You can directly add your existing directory services users to Workspace ONE UEM using one of the following methods.
- Batch upload a file containing all your directory services users. The act of batch importing automatically creates a user account.
- Create user accounts one at a time by entering the directory user name and selecting Check User to auto-populate remaining details.
- Do not import in bulk nor manually create user accounts and instead allow all directory users to self-enroll at enrollment time.
- End users authenticate with existing corporate credentials.
- Can automatically detect and sync changes from the directory system into Workspace ONE UEM.
- Secure method of integrating with your existing directory service.
- Standard integration practice.
- Can be used for Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment.
- SaaS deployments using the VMware Enterprise Systems Connector require no firewall changes and offers a secure configuration to other infrastructures, such as Microsoft ADCS, SCEP, and SMTP servers.
- Requires an existing directory service infrastructure.
- SaaS deployments require additional configuration due to the VMware Enterprise Systems Connector being installed behind the firewall or in a DMZ.