Email Notification Service (ENS) provides real-time notifications to AirWatch Inbox and VMware Boxer on the users' devices. You must finish the ENS installation using the ENS installer and the ENS configuration file. After you download the ENS installer, install ENS as an on-premises component on the same domain as the Exchange server.
a. The CNS certificate can be obtained on the AW Resource Portal (https://resources.air-watch.com/view/2hjxzvgkxyf8n738hy7x/en)
b. For the CNS hosted by AirWatch, the CNS URL is https://cns.awmdm.com.
- Navigate to Groups and Settings > All Settings > System > Advanced > API > REST API. Select Enabled to Enable the API Access.
- For SSL Pinning:
- If the UEM console is hosted on SaaS and if the CNS certificate is present (*.awmdm.com), then no further action is required. Go to step 5. If the certificate is not present, contact Workspace ONE Support for assistance in uploading the CNS certificate.
- If the UEM console is deployed on premises, then you must upload the CNS certificate.
- Navigate to System > Security > SSL Pinning.
- Select ADD HOST. In the Add Pinned Host window, enter the host as cns.awmdm.com. Do not select the Required check box. Select Save.
- Select Upload to upload the CNS certificate after the host record is created.
- Install Secure Channel certificate on the CNS server.
- If the UEM console is hosted on SaaS, skip this step.
- If the UEM console is on premises, navigate to System >Advanced > Secure Channel Certificate and select Download CNS Secure Channel Certificate Installer. Next, request the VMware Support Team to install the certificate on the CNS server.
- Navigate to System > Advanced > Site URLs and verify that the Cloud Notification Service URL is https://cns.awmdm.com/nws/notify/apns.
- Navigate to Email > Email Settings > Email Notification.
- Select Yes to enable Email Notification.
- Select Save.
- Select the Email Notification Installer link. You are redirected to the VMware AirWatch Resources Portal to download the ENS installer.
- Select Download Configuration.
- In the Download email notification configuration window, create a password for the ENS certificate, and then select Download. The ENS configuration file downloads to your local computer.
Under the Advanced tab, select the User Attribute from the drop-down menu that contains the email address value.
You can also view the generated certificates and the API key under the Advanced tab.
If necessary, you can generate a new certificate or a key using the Regenerate or the Regenerate API Key.
You must download and install the installer again after regenerating the certificate or key.