To maximize the benefits of Apple devices enrolled in Mobile Device Management (MDM), Apple has introduced the Device Enrollment Program (DEP). With DEP, you can perform the following.
- Install a non-removable MDM profile on a device, preventing end users from being able to delete it.
- Provision devices in Supervised mode (iOS only). Devices in Supervised mode can access additional security and configuration settings.
- Enforce an enrollment for all end users.
- Meet your organization's needs by customizing and streamline the enrollment process.
- Prevent iCloud back up by disabling users from signing in with their Apple ID when generating a DEP profile.
- Force OS updates for all end users.
For more information about integrating DEP with Workspace ONE UEM, see Apple DEP Integration Overview.