The enrollment process secures a connection between Android devices and your AirWatch environment. The AirWatch Agent facilitates enrollment and allows for real-time management and access to relevant device information.
Use the following instructions to install the AirWatch Agent and authenticate users based on the enrollment flow:
- Download and install the AirWatch Agent from the Google Play Store.
Launch the AirWatch Agent.
- If you have configured email autodiscovery, then the AirWatch Agent prompts you for your email address. In addition, you may be prompted to select your Group ID from a list.
- If you have not configured email autodiscovery, select desired enrollment method.
Tap Server Details and enter your Server and Group ID.
- Enter Username and Password and tap Continue.
(Optional) Tap the Encrypt button and follow the remaining prompts to accepts the settings. The AirWatch Agent will close after accepting the encryption settings. Tap the Encryption Complete notification to return to the AirWatch Agent to continue enrollment.Note:
The option to encrypt the device depends on the version of Android the device is running. Devices running Android Marshmallow are encrypted by default, so this option will not display during enrollment.
- Tap Set Up to configure the Work Profile that will be associated with the device.
The enterprise settings from the Workspace ONE UEM console will be pushed to the device. This ends enrolling devices for managed Google Play Accounts.
- For Google Accounts only, tap Get Started to create the Work Profile and connect the Managed Google Account to the device. These steps differ based on authentication method:
To proceed with User-defined enrollment:
- Create the Password with your user credentials and tap Next.
- Enter the Managed Google Account Password and tap Next.
To continue with Directory Service Sync:
Enter your Password and tap Next.
To follow the SAML enrollment flow:
Enter the User Name and Password and tap Login. The user will be redirected to the AirWatch Agent.
If successful, the Work Profile is configured for the device and displays the AirWatch Agent settings page. The device is ready for use according to Android settings for the Work Profile.