Workplace is the native MDM enrollment method for Windows 8.1 devices. Enrolling through Workplace and using Windows Auto Discovery provides a quick and easy enrollment flow for end users.
To enroll with Workplace
- On Windows Phone 8.1 devices, navigate to Settings > Workplace.
- Select Add Account.
- Enter the Email Address and Password.
- If you do not have Windows Auto-Discovery enabled, enter the Server URL, using the following format: <Device Services hostname> such as ds01.awmdm.com.
If Web Enrollment is enabled, complete the Web enrollment screens configured. See Enable Web Enrollment for more information.
- Enter the Group ID if Windows Auto-Discovery is not enabled and select Next.
- Enter the Username and Password and select Next.
- Select the Device Ownership Type and select Next.
- Complete any additional screens configured to display.
- If Web Enrollment is not complete, enter your Group ID, Username, and Password and select Next.
- Select Done to complete enrollment.