You must generate and occasionally renew APNs Certificates to enable and maintain secure communications between your iOS devices and Workspace ONE ™ UEM. To generate an APNs certificate, you must choose between two methods.
- Follow the steps outlined in the Getting Started Wizard.
- Generate APNs certificates manually by taking the following steps.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > Apple > APNs for MDM.
If the Valid To date has passed, select the Renew button and follow the on-screen instructions. There is an instructions link that shows you how to use the Apple Push Certificates Portal to upload a certificate request. Provided on this page is a convenient Go To Apple button that opens the Apple Push Certificates Portal in a new tab of your browser. You need two items to continue.
- Workspace ONE UEM Certificate Request, which is a file in the PLIST format that you can save to your device.
- The Apple ID that you originally used to create the certificate.
- Click Next to advance to the next page where you must enter your Apple ID and upload the Apple-issued Workspace ONE UEM MDM certificate (PEM file).
- Select Save.