The Getting Started Wizard serves as a checklist that walks you through the Workspace ONE ™ Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) console settings step by step. It presents only those modules within your specific deployment which produces an on-boarding experience tailored to your configuration.
Navigate the Getting Started Wizard
The Getting Started Wizard main menu operates in a way that is most convenient to you. It not only tracks how far along you are in the configuration process, it can be started, paused, restarted later, and rewound to review and even change prior responses.
- Select Start Wizard to initiate the first step in a submodule. Here, you answer questions and access the exact pages within the UEM console to configure settings for each feature. As you complete each submodule, the percentage counter in the upper-right corner progresses and displays how far along you are in completing the submodule.
- If you stop a submodule before completing it, select Continue to return to where you left off.
- You can opt out of any submodule by selecting Skip Section, which temporarily disables the Continue button and inserts a Resume Section link. Enable the Continue button once more by selecting this link.
The Getting Started page is split into four submodules: Workspace ONE, Device, Content, and Application. Each submodule has its own set of steps. Steps that are shared among all submodules are tracked automatically so you never have to complete the same step twice.
- Workspace ONE – Representing unimpeded access from any employee or corporate owned device. Secure connectivity to enterprise productivity apps such as email, calendar, contacts, documents, and more. Instant, Single Sign-On (SSO) access to mobile, cloud, and Windows applications. Powerful data security that protects the enterprise and employees against compromised devices.
For more information about Workspace ONE, see the VMware Workspace ONE Quick Configuration Guide, available on docs.vmware.com.
- Device – Perform actions on MDM enrolled devices such as lock, notify, or enterprise wipe. Deploy profiles to configure email, restrictions, settings, and more. Configure compliance rules to ensure that security policies are being met in your device fleet. View how best to manage your devices from the Dashboard and Hub.
- Content – Deploy content & access it on the go within the Content Locker application. View & Manage your content with Content Dashboards, Reports, and Logs. Use Personal Content to share and collaborate with others. Integrate with existing repositories and deploy your content to mobile devices.
- Application – Deploy internally developed or publicly available free or purchased applications. Deploy a custom App Catalog to allow users to search and download applications. Integrate with compliance or app control profiles by making whitelist and blacklist of applications. Configure advanced application management options like app scanning.
Navigate the Workspace ONE, Device, Content, and Application Wizards
Each of the four submodules displays a list of sections representing features that you can configure or ignore, according to the needs of your organization. Features not configured display an empty Incomplete check box while configured features display a green Complete check mark.
- Select the Configure button to begin defining settings for the feature you are interested in.
- Review or change settings of a complete feature by selecting the Edit button.
- The percentage completed progress bar progresses as you complete each feature.
- Most features have a Video button next to the Configure or Edit button. This video lets you see the feature in action and aid your understanding of how it may be useful to your organization.
- Some features in the submodule can be skipped without penalty toward the percentage completed progress bar. Where available, select the Skip This Step button to remove the feature from your list. To display the feature once again, select the Reactivate button.
Some features and functions have prerequisites. For example, Mobile Single Sign-On requires that you have already configured Enterprise Connector, Active Directory, and VMware Identity Manager. Where possible, you are provided with a button to initiate the configuration of these required features.
Enable the Getting Started Wizard Manually
For a new Workspace ONE UEM implementation, access the Getting Started page from the main menu, located above the Hub icon in the left panel. However, you can manually enable the Getting Started Wizard at any time. Manually enabling the Getting Started Wizard restarts the walk-through.
- Select any Organization Group other than the top-level group.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > Groups > Organization Groups > Organization Group Details. Ensure that you are currently at a customer-level organization group and Save your changes.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > System > Getting Started.
- Select Enable for each of the settings on this page:
- Getting Started Workspace ONE Status
- Getting Started Device Status
- Getting Started Content Status
- Getting Started Application Status
- Save changes to the page.
For more information, see Organization Groups Overview.