Install Memcached on your Linux server.
These instructions assume that the Linux machine is running the CentOS/RHEL 7.x operating system. You need root access to the server to install Memcached.
To install Memcached on CentOS/RHEL OS:
- Log in to your server.
sudo -sto enable root access.
- Navigate to cd /tmp/memcached.
- In the folder, type
ls. 'AirWatchMemcached.bin' is inside.
- To install, type
- Select Enter, and continue to press enter when prompted to read through the EULA.
- After selecting Enter several times, you are prompted to accept the terms of the license agreement. Type
Yand select Enter.
- A Pre-Installation Summary appears. Select Enter to continue.
- Select Enter once more to confirm the installation path.
- Once the install is complete, a Congratulations message appears. Select Enter to exit.
- To confirm that Memcached is running, type
service memcached status. The following confirmation message appears:
- Ensure the following:
Memcached is running as a "memcached" user.
Memcached is running by default on port 11211.
The maximum connection limit is set to 32000. If this value is less that 32000, make sure that you have added hard limits to limit.conf.