These key terms associated with Android will help you in understanding how to configure and deploy settings to your users.
- Work Profile– Work Profile mode, also known as Profile Owner, creates a dedicated container on your device for only business applications and content. Work Profile mode allows organizations to manage the business data and applications but not have access to the user's personal data and apps. The Android apps are denoted with a briefcase icon so they are distinguishable from the personal apps.
- Work Managed Device– Work Managed Device mode, also referred to as Device Owner, is scoped to the whole device. There is no personal side to the device and APIs pushed from the AirWatch Agent apply to the entire device. Work Managed Device mode applies to a device which starts in an unprovisioned state and, through a separate provisioning process, installs the AirWatch Agent and grants the AirWatch Agent full control of the entire device.
- Managed Google Account – Refers to the Google account registered to the device used for Android and provides Android app management through Google Play. This account is managed by the domain that manages your Android configuration.
- Google Service Account – The Google Service Account is a special Google account that is used by applications to access Google APIs recommended for G Suite customers.
EMM Token – Unique ID that Workspace ONE UEM uses to connect the Workspace ONE UEM console to the Managed Google Account.
- Managed Google Domain – Domain claimed for enabling Android associated with your enterprise.
- Google Domain Setup – Google process for claiming a managed Google domain.
- G Suite – A brand from Google from which you can push cloud computing, productivity and collaboration tools, software and products developed by Google.
- AirWatch Relay – The Workspace ONE UEM application admins use to bulk enroll Android Devices into Workspace ONE UEM.
- NFC Bump – This is done while using the AirWatch Relay app to pass information from the parent device to the child device.