Enable Logging so the system records data for applications built with the AirWatch SDK, supported Workspace ONE UEM applications, and wrapped applications.
See Supported Settings and Policies Options for the SDK to find out which default settings the SDK supports. Find the matrix in the Workspace ONE UEM Mobile Application Management Guide. To know what default settings Workspace ONE UEM applications support, see the topics for that specific application.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Apps > Settings and Policies > Settings.
- Select Enabled for Logging.
Choose your Logging Level from a spectrum of recording frequency options.
- Select Send logs over Wi-Fi only to prevent the transfer of data while roaming and to limit data charges.
- Save your settings.
Application Log Limits for SaaS Deployments
The Workspace ONE UEM system collects logs until the log file size reaches 200 MB for SaaS environments. If the log size exceeds 200 MB, the system stops collecting logs. The Workspace ONE UEM console notifies you when your application log size reaches 75% of 200 MB.
To act on the application log size, contact your VMware Workspace ONE UEM Representative.
- Ask for an increase in your application log size.
- Ask for a purge of your application log. The system can purge logs older than two weeks.
You can access the feature to download logs and delete unneeded logs that you enable in this logging feature. See Configure View Logs for Internal Applications for details.
For more topics about the SDK and mobile application management, see MAM Functionality With SDK Functions.