The Email > List View page allows you to view all the real-time updates of your end-user devices that you are managing with Workspace ONE Mobile Email Management (MEM). You can view the device or user-specific information either as a summarized list or as a customized one based on your requirement.
Switch between the Device and User tabs to view the user and device information. In order to view the summary or the customized list of the information, change the Layout.
List View page enables you to:
- Whitelist or blacklist a device to allow or deny access to email respectively.
- View the devices which are managed, unmanaged, compliant, non-compliant, blocked, or allowed.
- View the device details such as OS, Model, Platform, Phone Number, IMEI, and IP address.
List View page provides detailed information that includes:
|Last Request||The last state change of the device either from Workspace ONE UEM or from Exchange in the PowerShell integration. In SEG-integration this column shows the last time a device synced mail.|
|User||The user account name.|
|Friendly Name||The friendly name of the device.|
|MEM Config||The configured MEM deployment that is managing the device.|
|Email Address||The email address of the user account.|
|Identifier||The unique alpha-numeric identification code associated with the device.|
|Mail Client||The email client syncing the emails on the device|
|Last Command||The last state change of the device and populates the Last Request column.|
|Last Gateway Server||The server to which the device connected.|
|Status||The real-time status of the device and whether email is blocked or allowed on it as per the defined policy.|
The reason code for allowing or blocking email on a device.
- Platform, Model, OS, IMEI, EAS Device Type, IP Address - The device information displays in these fields.
- Mailbox Identity - The location of the user mailbox in the Active Directory.
For more information on the Last command and Reason values, see the following Knowledge Base article https://support.air-watch.com/articles/115001676188.
Narrow the device search using the Filter option on the List View page.
|Last Seen||All, less than 24 hours, 12 hours, 6 hours, 2 hours.|
|Managed||All, Managed, Unmanaged.|
|Allowed||All, Allowed, Blocked.|
|Policy Override||All, Blacklisted, Whitelisted, Default.|
|Policy Violation||Compromised, Device Inactive, Not data Protected/Enrolled/MDM Compliant, Unapproved EAS Device Type/Email Account/Mail Client/Model/OS|
|MEM Config||Filter devices based on the configured MEM deployments.|
|EAS Device Type||Filter based on the device type.|
|Email Address||Filter based on email address.|
|Last Gateway Server||Filter based on the available Secure Email Gateway server.|
The Override, Actions,and the Administration drop-down menu provides a single location to perform multiple actions on the device.
These actions cannot be undone.
Select the check box corresponding to a device to perform actions on it. Whitelist or blacklist a device irrespective of the compliance policy and revert to the policy when needed.
- Whitelist - Allows a device to receive emails.
- Blacklist - Blocks a device from receiving emails.
- Default - Allows or blocks a device based on whether the device is compliant or non compliant.
- Sync Mailboxes - Queries the Exchange server for an updated list of devices that have attempted to sync email (Direct PowerShell Model). If you do not choose this option, the unmanaged device list does not change unless one of the unmanaged devices is enrolled into Workspace ONE UEM or you manually whitelist or blacklist a device, so initiating a state change command.
Workspace ONE UEM offers the Email Sync option within the Self-Service Portal (SSP) so that end-users can sync their devices with the mail server and also run preconfigured compliance policies for all their devices. This process is typically much faster than the bulk sync performed on all the devices.
- Run Compliance - Triggers the compliance engine to run for the selected MEM configuration. This command operates differently when using the PowerShell model versus the SEG model.
- If SEG is configured, this command updates SEG with the latest compliance policies.
- If the PowerShell model is configured, this command manually runs a compliance check on all devices and blocks or allows device access to email.
When the Direct PowerShell Model is configured, Workspace ONE UEM communicates directly to the CAS array using remote signed PowerShell sessions established from the console server or VMware Enterprise Systems Connector (depending on the deployment architecture). Using remote signed sessions, PowerShell commands are sent to blacklist (block) and whitelist (allow) device ID’s on a given users CAS mailbox in Exchange 2010/2013 based on the device’s compliance status in Workspace ONE UEM.
- Enable Test Mode - Tests email policies without applying them on devices of SEG-integrated deployments.
Select the check box corresponding to a device to perform actions on it.
Sends an email to the user with all the details required for enrollment.
On discovering an unmanaged device, send an enrollment email asking the user to enroll the device (PowerShell only).
|Dx Mode On||Runs the diagnostic for the selected user mailbox providing you the history of the device activity. This feature is available for SEG only.|
|Dx Mode Off||
Turns off the diagnostic for the selected user mailbox.
|Update Encryption Key||Resets the encryption and then resyncs the emails for the selected devices.|
Resets the device to factory settings.
Perform an Enterprise Reset (reset to factory settings) on a lost or stolen device containing sensitive information (PowerShell only).
|Delete Unmanaged Devices||Deletes the selected unmanaged device record from the dashboard.|
|Migrate Devices||Migrate devices across organization groups and MEM deployments.|
|Sync Selected Mailbox||Syncs the selected device mailbox. Only one device mailbox at a time can be synced.|
This record may reappear after the next sync.
Checking for Unmanaged Devices
To make sure all your devices are managed and monitored, navigate to the List View page. From List View page, filter the unmanaged devices and then send an enrollment mail from the Administration drop-down menu.