Once you accrue several device tags, you can edit existing tags, remove tags from devices, and delete unused tags.
Edit a Tag
You can edit an existing tag for when you want to rename a tag or change its type and the color of its marker.
Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > Advanced > Tags and select the edit button or the name of the tag which you want to edit. Only the tags that are part of a child organization group and the organization group currently selected are editable.
- Make your changes to the Name and Type settings per your preferences.
- Select Save.
Remove a Tag
If an assigned tag no longer applies to the device, you can remove a tag from (or untag) a device.
- Navigate to the device Details View.
- Select the Summary tab and scroll to the bottom of the Device Info page, where you can find all the tags currently assigned to the device.
- Select X next to each tag you want to remove.
Removing a tag from a device (or 'untagging' a device) is not the same thing as deleting a tag.
Delete a Tag
If a tag is not assigned to any device and it no longer serves a purpose, you can delete it.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > Advanced > Tags.
- Select X next to the tag you want to delete.