Use Apple Configurator 2 on the staging macOS computer to manually prepare devices. This workflow allows you to enroll devices, add supervision and choose what screens are seen during device's Setup Assistant.
- Navigate to File > New Profile in Apple Configurator 2.
- Select Wi-Fi > Configure and enter the profile information. Optionally, choose to sign the profile. Then save the profile configuration.
- Navigate to Blueprints > Edit Blueprints > New to prepare a blueprint to apply to the profile.
- Name this blueprint Prepare.
- Select the blueprint and select Prepare.
Choose Manual as the enrollment type. Select Next.
Select Do not enroll in MDM. Select Next.
- Choose the Server for device management.
- Select supervision to the management capabilities.
- Select whether to Allow devices to connect to other computers. Select Next.
- Choose the Organization to assign devices. Select Next.
- Configure the iOS Setup Assistant steps by selecting which screens are available to the end user.
- Select Add > Profiles in the Apple Configurator 2 window.
- Choose the Wi-Fi profile that you created earlier and add it to the blueprint.
Next, deploy this blueprint using the steps found in Deploy Enrollment Profiles for Apple Configurator 2 Enrollments.
Then Add an Enroll Blueprint with Add an Enroll Blueprint to Enroll with an MDM Profile .